Saturday 25 August 2012

Life after University.

Wow. What a whirlwind. I don't even know where the last year has gone. Actually the past four years.

In the past four years, I've studied in Dundee, made some great friends, studied in Belgium, made some great friends, got engaged, graduated with a First Class Honours... I've changed so much as a designer and learnt new skills that will last a lifetime.

Rewind 5 years, I was a young naive school girl. Choosing my choices for University, I remember thinking that 4 years would give me plenty of time to decide what I wanted to be when I was a "big girl". Well 5 years later and I still don't know. Studying Interior and Environmental Design at DJCAD was the best experience I could ever have hoped for at University. The support I was given as young designer was amazing and helped develop me in so many areas of creativity.

Post University life now and the job hunt is on. As Coldplay once said "nobody said it was easy" and they could not have been more right. Scrolling through screeds and screeds of jobs, day after day... I'm a determined person though and I don't want to be another graduate without a job in their chosen discipline. I know that if I keep working hard that eventually Lady Luck will throw some of her luck in my direction. Until then, que sera.

No comments:

Post a Comment