Thursday 3 December 2009

Hidden Objects

Everyday the same necklace hangs around my neck. Big deal right? Actually it is (to me anyway).

I've just starting reading the book "Snoop" by Sam Gosling and cannot believe how interesting it is. Gosling conducts experiments where he looks at people's rooms and can tell what sort of person they are from them. Some have things that comfort them, others inspirational messages to motivate them. Others strangely have things hidden, sometimes in places that only they can see them. This reminded me a little of a necklace that I wear...

I wear the necklace everyday around my neck but not very many people know why and what it represents. There is nothing special about it, except the memories attached with it.

This is probably one of my first strong memories as a child. I received this necklace when I was a flower girl at my auntie's wedding and I have kept it ever since. I can remember the day well. I was only 4 years old but I can still remember walking behind my auntie down the alter, throwing petals. Looking back at the photos of the day it is with me in every single one and it reminds me so much of family.

It's strange how things are invaluable to some people but are irreplaceable to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment