Tuesday 26 January 2010

Bad design, good design?


In all honesty I am not a fan of the apps that the apple iPhones offers. With thousands of apps, who really needs to have an application to tell them how to do things...Well my opinion has slightly changed.

This morning when I was travelling up on the bus to uni, I was reading the newspaper when I came across an article that talked about how a man survived in the rubble of a collapsed building in Haiti for two days (while nursing an injury)!

Lying under the rubble, Dan Woolley used a First Aid application on his iPhone to keep him alive for two and a half days, excessively bleeding and suffering from a broken leg, Woolley was able to treat himself.

When the app also told him not to fall asleep he set an alarm on his phone for every 20 minutes to keep him awake, saving his life.

In my opinion, this is bad design turned good design.

With thanks:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/business/consuminginterests/blog/apple-iphone-3g.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment