Sunday 29 November 2009

City Life

Most Cities are famous for their stunning light displays...Take Paris for example.

When I visited this beautiful city in June this year I was surprised by how much of the sight-seeing could be done at night as well as during the day.

(This picture was took while I was travelling down the River Seine)

The Eiffel Tower - attracts over 6 million visitors a year and can be seen from miles away, probably the most famous landmark of France. Most people will climb this during the day, including myself but although I enjoyed climbing this and viewing Paris from 273 metres above the ground, for me it was at it's most spectacular at night.

Lit by 350 sodium vapour lamps the tower glitters in the dark but what makes it extra special is for the first ten minutes of every hour the Tower sparkles. Breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment